CFC® A-Series SL200 Self-Leveling
CFC A-Series Self-Leveling Concrete is an acid resistant, low permeability, medium density flowable concrete for use over wood, masonry, or cementitious elements as a structural leveling layer. SL200 contains no Portland Cement and none of the weaknesses including no bleed water, reduced freezing temperature of 14°F. SL200 is exothermic for the first approximate 120 seconds, and then produces an endothermic chemical cure.
What is Cold Fusion Concrete (CFC®)?
Geopolymer Solutions, LLC (GPS) has developed Cold Fusion Concrete (CFC ®). CFC® is a normal weight and lightweight, single dry material concrete, for water mixing. CFC® is resistant to most natural and man-made reagents including chlorides, sulfates, and various concentrations of acids including sulfuric* (.01 to 98%), hydrochloric (.01 to 85%), phosphoric (.01 to 75%), acetic (.01 to 80%), and nitric (.01 to 75%). CFC complies with the ASTMC C1157 Standard Performance Specification for Hydraulic Cement.
- Low shrinkage and low thermal coefficients.
- No VOC’s
- Cures quickly in warm/hot weather allowing rapid completion of projects.
- Can be polished after 4 days of warm curing.
- Shrinkage compensators reduce/remove cracking.
- Elevated alkalinity removes mold and bacterial growth.
- Resistant to all organic and inorganic acids and concentrations except for hydrofluoric.
- Acts as a water sealant.
- Can be colored.
- Green Technology containing absolutely no portland.
Corrects uneven or wavy concrete orwood finishes.
Levels and repairs uneven surfaces.
Used as a chemical/acid resistant barrierfor vulnerable materials.
Packaging, Shelf Life Coverage
- Supplied in 50-pound bags or super sacks.
- Store in a covered area with ambient temperatures between 32°F and 90°F. Shelf life is approximately 2 years if properly stored.SL200 is packaged in a plastic-lined paper bag with a folding flap spout. Long-term high humidity storage over 6 months should be avoided.
- At a 1/4-inch depth (6.35 mm), one bag will cover 48 square feet (4.46 square meters).
Directions for Use
• Wood Preparation – Prepare the surface of wood by removing any dirt, debris, or incompatible coatings. Wood should be dry.
• Concrete/Masonry Preparation – Prepare the surface of Portland materials by removing any dirt, debris, or incompatible coatings. Surface should be moist. SL200 will bond chemically to the Portland material, unless the Portland mixture has been subject to low pH materials. In the event a low surface pH condition exists, the concrete should be removed to a depth where the pH is a minimum of 9.5.
• Repair cracks in existing concrete before placing SL200. Existing cracks will propagate to the surface.
• Do not bridge construction joints, working saw cuts, or unrepaired cracks.
• Using a high-sheer mixer set on high speed, gradually combine approximately 1.5 to 1.6 gallons of water per
50- lb bag and mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Longer mixing times will expedite the set time of SL200.
• Deposit the material on the surface being levelled using buckets, wheel-barrels, or other transport or mixing device. Use an up and down puddling action to distribute and reduce air bubbles, or move and distribute with a broom or squeegee; material will effort to reach its own level. A spike roller is optimal for leveling and spreading.
• For pumping, use rotor-stator, piston, or squeeze pumps. SL200 was developed using continuous mix rotor-stator pumps. With continuous mix apparatus, use a minimum of 100 feet of hose.
• Do not walk on the surface for from 2 to 8 hours after completion, dependent upon ambient temperature conditions.
• For exterior applications, seal with Fusion Bond sealant no sooner than 4 days after application in warm weather with average daily mean temperatures above 75°F, or 7 days in cooler weather.
• For interior or exterior applications, cooler weather below 70°F will extend the set time of SL200.
EXPECTED CHARACTERISTICS AT 25% WATER CONTENT
|CFC® SL200||Low Range||High Range|
|BULK DENSITY, PCF||ASTMC138||110||138|
|COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH, PSI||ASTMC579||6,000||9,000|
|BOND STRENGTH, PSI||ASTMC321||1,200||2000|
|TENSILE STRENGTH, PSI||ASTMC307||1,200||5250|
|YOUNG’S MODULUS, PSI||ASTMC469||4.5X 106||6.8 X 106|
|COEFFICIENT OF THERMAL EXPANSION, 10-6IN/°F||ASTMC531||1.30||2.0|
|SERVICE TEMPERATURE, °F||–||14||1100|
|WATER ABSORPTION, %||ASTMC413||0.05||1.0|
|WORKING TIME, MINUTES||ASTMC308||40||180|