COLD FUSION CONCRETE® Fireproofing-FP250
COLD FUSION CONCRETE®-FP250
Unbeatable Strength, Unmatched Durability, Corrosion Protection: The Power of FP250 SFRM
Revolutionize your building projects with the strongest, most durable, and environmentally-friendly fireproofing solution on the market. With a bond strength of over 2500 PSF at 42-50 PCF, FP-250 can be applied (even at our 4-hr rating) in a single lift and chemically bonds with the steel providing exceptional corrosion protection. Being an environmentally friendly GREEN Product is an additional feature making it “Best In Class”.
UL263 and UL1709 Listed: Unmatched Performance and Protection
Cold Fusion Concrete ® Fireproofing FP250
Engineering excellence and environmental responsibility go hand in hand with FP250. Our geopolymer fireproofing solution delivers unbeatable strength and durability in a single lift, without the need for lath or mechanical attachments. With a compressive strength of 3,500 psi and a bond strength of 24,770 psf, FP250 is the solution engineers have been searching for.
And, unlike traditional fireproofing materials, FP250 contains no Portland cement and is chemical resistant, providing unparalleled protection against corrosives and extreme conditions. With a life expectancy over 10 times that of Portland, FP250 is the investment that keeps on giving.
Our FP250 is not only the strongest fireproofing solution on the market, but it’s also the greenest. With 50-60% recycled content, FP250 helps engineers obtain LEED certifications, making it a win-win for the environment and their bottom line.
With UL263 and UL1709 listings, FP250 is the only fireproofing solution you need. Trust us to protect your building projects, and the environment, for years to come.
Benefits and Characteristics
- Applied from 14°F to 300°F
- Minimal surface preparation required
- No sandblasting, primer, or scratch coat needed
- No lath or other attachments required
- Applied in a single lift
- Chemical resistant
- Corrosion inhibitor, with 10,000-hour salt spray test
- Unmatched compressive strength of 3,500 psi
- Unmatched bond strength of 24,770 psf
- Can be shipped after 24-hour cure in warm weather
Geopolymer Solutions, LLC (GPS) has developed Cold Fusion Concrete ® (CFC) FP250. FP250 is designed for use where excellent durability and chemical resistance is desired.
The constructed project costs are far less than intumescent epoxies and other cementitious SFRM’s, but with equal or better corrosion inhibition; all with no lath, sand blasting, or primer.
UL263 and UL1709 Certified for Ultimate Fireproofing Protection
Our FP250 fireproofing material is a game-changer in the industry. With a density of 42 to 50 pounds per cubic foot, it’s packed with fire-resistant microfibers that prevent cracking during seismic events and transportation. This, combined with its early and final compressive strength, make FP250 the strongest and most reliable choice for fireproofing. Unlike traditional cementitious fireproofing materials, FP250 contains no Portland cement and is resistant to extreme heat and cold, salt water spray, acids, solvents, chlorides, and sulfates. Get the ultimate fireproofing protection with FP250.
CFC® FP250 VIDEO
CHANGING THE GAME…
MIXING & APPLICATION
Mixing FP250 may occur in a mechanical paddle type mixer if a continuous mixing apparatus is not used. Water should be added to the mixer first at a rate of approximately 4.0 to 5.0 gallons per 50 lb. bag, the water can then be adjusted to achieve a sprayed wet density of between 60 and 70 pcf. Mixing should continue for a minimum of 60 seconds. FP250 contains no Portland cement and the strength is produced from sodium silicate, calcium hydroxide, pozzolans, and other materials. Accordingly, variable water chemistry may increase or decrease the water demand of FP250 and after adjusting to the necessary wet density, the calibrated water amount should be recorded and maintained. Coverage rate is 15.4 bd/ft/bag at UL minimum density, 14.3 bd/ft/bag at UL average density.
Testing for thickness and density may occur immediately, but due to the elevated compressive and bond strength should occur within 24 hours. Testing after 24 hours is possible but may be difficult. FP250 has been tested in accordance with Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) standards using UL263 and UL1709 time-temperature burn curves. UL observed GPS facilities and has provided a Manufacturers Classification for GPS. GPS is unaware of any other commercially available high-density fireproofing material which is Portland cement free. Our geopolymer concrete technology was patented in June 2017. Tetraborate and Metasilicate are 2 components of our Cold Fusion Concrete that act as corrosion inhibitors. The ability to apply FP250 to any size steel up to a 4-hour rating in a single one-pass layer means the economics of CFC FP250 is second to none. FP250 should be specified where long lasting fireproofing with high abrasion, impact and chemical resistance is required. FP250 is ideal for use in a wide variety of commercial, institutional and industrial environments where sufficiently rugged fireproofing is needed. FP250 withstands weathering and chemical exposure and is highly recommended for use on offshore drilling platforms, petrochemical plants, power plants, military and dock facilities, since the estimated life-span of this CFC, geopolymer concrete, material is 10 times that of traditional Portland cement concrete.
- Prepare the surface according to SSPC, SP-2 and/or SP-3 guidelines. Remove any existing prime coat materials which are not alkali resistant. FP250 should be placed when the surface and ambient temperature is above 40°F, and when the surface temperature is below 300°F, once cured the constant operating temperature of the steel substrate should not exceed 1200°F. FP250 should be protected from freezing for 4 days.
- Finishing may occur at any convenient time up to about 2–3 hours after application at ambient temperatures less than 85°F. Finishing after ½ hour may occur, however, will become more difficult to level the surface. Ambient temperatures exceeding 85°F, and direct sunlight, will expedite the set time of FP250. Steel troweled smooth finishing may be improved with the addition of a small amount of GPS’s Fusion Finish, especially if finishing is slightly delayed.
- The following US Patents apply to this technology #9,670,096 #9,944,560 #9,725,365 #9,932,269.
SHELF-LIFE & STORAGE
- The shelf-life of stored FP250 is approximately 6 months for paper bags and super sacks stored in a humidity and temperature controlled environment, and approximately 3 years for lined paper and plastic bags.
- 1. > 2,000 PSI WITHIN 5 DAYS
- 2. > 6,000 PSF WITHIN 5 DAYS
|Test Method||Recommended Specification||Tested Value (After 21 Days)|
|ASTM E605||MIN 42 PCF||43.5 PCF|
|ASTM E761||MIN 2,000 PSI||> 2,500 PSI 1|
|ASTM E736||MIN 10,000 PSF||> 24,770 PSF 2|
|ASTM D2240||MIN 50||> 75|